"....a face only a mother could love."
BFO CW-STBY Switch Mod
This mod turns ON the BFO in
the CW -
and - STBY positions.
The purpose of this mod is to turn "ON" the
BFO (Beat Frequency Oscillator) in the switch STBY (Stand By)
position. This is necessary to monitor your transmitter signals
receiver. This mod is fairly easy to do.
Here are the steps needed:
- First cut the wire coming from the BFO
Tube V3 which is connected to the present swtich.
- Cut the wire coming from the diode
dectector D2 as well.
- Move detector wire to the side and cover
end with tape so no posibility of shorting.
- Remove the old STBY switch and install
the new one.
- Select one of the 4 poles to be used on
the new switch.
- Jumper two of the solder lugs of the
switch as shown below.
- Connect the BFO wire to one of the
solder lugs of the switch.
- Run a wire from wiper solder lugs of the
switch to the nearest ground lug.
- Double check you work - look for
- Power the
receiver and verify BFO operation on both CW and STBY switch
This completes the BFO CW-STBY
Go Back to
Main: MODIFICATIONS page
Go Back to